- 1/2 cup of aloe vera gel or extract,
- 1/4 cup of alcohol (you can use rosemary alcohol if you have any),
- 1 tablespoon of glycerin.
How to do :
Mix everything well and pack.
Some previous considerations
For the preparation of a disinfectant gel we must take into account some previous recommendations.
- Hand sanitizer should have a concentration of at least 60% isopropyl alcohol to kill germs and infection. If you suffer from sensitive hands we recommend that it contains at least 30% aloe vera to stabilize and protect the skin. Don’t listen to the fake news that talk about using vodka instead of isopropyl alcohol since it only contains 40% alcohol, so it doesn’t kill bacteria.
- These hand sanitizers are not effective if you don’t are applied correctly. The WHO recommends applying the disinfectant gel over the entire surface of the hand. The hands should then be rubbed palm to palm, before placing the right on top of the left and interlocking the fingers. This process should be repeated with the left hand over the right. After that, the palms should be rubbed with the fingers intertwined. As a last step, the back of the fingers should be rubbed against the opposite palms, as well as the thumb covered in the disinfectant. Once the hands are dry, they will be disinfected. According to the CDC, if the hands are dirty and/or full of grease, the disinfectant will not do its job well, so it will be necessary to resort to hand washing.
- Be careful with the devices! mobiles! Its surface is high contact and it is convenient to disinfect it before washing your hands. Alcohol wipes can be used for this.